Tuesday, January 22, 2013

No "Tag" or Evidence Left After A Near Death Experience

I was recently at a doctors office to get help with a case of bronchitis and/or walking pneumonia.
In the questionnaire at the doctors office they ask if you have survived sexual abuse.  At the end of the visit they ask if I had any questions.  I did.  It was a question I had thought of years ago but only now had the opportunity to ask.

I explained my situation about my survival of sexual abuse and part of that survival was my near death experience that occurred when I was 4 years old.

The way I posed the question is this.

If a tree is in a forest fire and lives, many years later if someone should cut down that tree you can clearly see at what time of the trees life that that forest fire took place.   My question is, "If a person experiences a dear-death experience, is there a way to investigate and is there some kind of "tag" or evidence that there Was a near death experience.


The wonderful female doctor was somewhat taken aback by my question and was surprised that I actually remembered something that happened so many years ago.  She also told me that her own mother lived through a near death experience as well but not due to sexual abuse but by a medical procedure.   She explained because of her mothers memories of the near death experience made her not be afraid of death.  It was a comfort to her mother and to the doctor herself.

The answer from this wonderful doctor was, "No, there is not a way to investigate or find any "tag" of any kind due to the survival of a near death experience that could be found in the body.

Kind of a pity.

The outline of my personal survival is on this blog titled, Each Survivors Story Is Important.  This was my second posting and it was from 2/4/10.

I believe there are some people who could verify this this but I hold out little hope that they would ever come forward.   It's not that I am a very negative person, it's just that the pattern of non support speaks for itself.


1 comment:

Anonymous Survivor said...

This is from the writer of this blog.

I wrote to my younger female sibling and sent her this post. I asked if she would be willing to meet me for lunch. I would drive the two hours to get to our hometown to take her to lunch.

She immediately thought the only thing I was interested in was rehashing something from the past. I suggested it would be to rekindle a relationship. To have some kind of relationship. My treat.

I believe I will never make that mistake again.