Saturday, June 23, 2012

Jerry Sandusky



Mixed thoughts for the results of the Gerry Sandusky trial.  

You would think that I would be completely thrilled that Gerry Sandusky will most likely be sent to jail for the rest of his life.  There is a sense of justice for the survivors of course but I like to think of all the people involved and I next think of the wife.  If there were just a way to detect and address the urges that some have before any sexual actions took place, then there would be less heart ache for the women involved.  I have recently read that Gerry and his wife had a number of foster children and one came forward saying that Gerry Sandusky had molested him as a child.  


My parents sat my 3 siblings and I down many years ago when we were not quite teenagers and told us that if we ever got ourselves in any kind of legal trouble that they would not do anything to protect us.  If we crossed any boundaries in any law that they would have the police take us away. 
I guess that my parents should have had the same talk addressed to them.  Mostly of course that talk would have been directed to my father/molester.


Curious how Gerry Sandusky's title in football may be a very compelling prediction of what is happening.   It is a known fact that prisoners do not like pedophiles/predators.  Unless Gerry Sandusky is protected he just may get it "in the end".  

No comments: