Saturday, June 16, 2012

I Have Not Sent The Card To My Aunt And Uncle...... Went to A Family Reunion Today

I reluctantly went to a family reunion today.  I should have known better [than to feel reluctant] because this is my mothers side of the family.  The family I went to see could not have been more warm and loving!   I have always been closer to that side, most likely because the sexual abuse was on the other side of the family.     Again, no blame no shame.  As a Gnostic, we believe we have made these choices.  The only shame I could see there to be is the shame in not having the back-bone to really address the issue of child sexual abuse.  It IS a Family Cancer.  Sorry if that is harsh.  It is what I believe.   But again.....we believe that when we reach the other side, we ourselves judge our actions, as we are a spark of the Devine: The Mother AND Father GOD.  

I went to an art supply store to find some wonderful canvas paper that you can use in home printers.  They offer this kind of print at drug stores but you can easily and more affordably do this at home.   Anyway, I printed off a nice photo of myself and a friend I did volunteer work with for a number of years and even sprayed the canvas photo with a glossy finish.  It is still in my car in a nice presentation with finished card-stock paper and matching envelope.  I am reluctant to send it.  The people I am sending it to are from what I know very conservative, right wing Republicans and Very Homophobic or at least the church they belong to sanctions and promotes bigotry.  Now remember that this is there "God inspired" church.   God is absolutely PERFECT!  There CAN NOT BE ANY BIGOTRY AT ALL~!  THAT WOULD NOT BE PERFECT~!  

I always think back to what Dr. Phil has said.  From what I understand of what Dr.Phil has said, The people in question should always investigate and try every means of reconnecting and being a valid and supportive part of each others lives before there is any kind of complete separation and ultimate divorce.

With the wonderful experience today and with what has happened for the last 20 years from my fathers side of the family it is time to send the letter and let the chips fall where they may.

It would be a healthy thing in my life that I make public and declare that I will not be a part of any FAMILY member who does not accept me for the survivor that I AM!

All of the people I speak of are to my knowledge; wonderful, completely loving, supportive and completely caring to all of their family and friends and most, if not all would give you the shirt off their back if you needed it more. Prejudices  and other judgment calls are learned from past mistakes others have made.  Remember, Judge Not, Lest Yea be Judged!

I am about to send the letter to my Aunt and Uncle in Mora, Mn.  Let us all say a prayer.   And thank you.



*I did send the card and letter to my Aunt and Uncle.  I am not going to hold my breath for a response for a response.

No comments: