Thursday, July 14, 2011

Never My Intention To Insult Those Addressing Child Sexual Abuse

To all the organizations addressing child sexual abuse that I may have insulted I Sincerely Apologize. I am sure that there are a great many people who are passionate about the dedication to the work they are doing and it appears I have stepped on a few toes. That was NEVER my intention. I have stated that from what I see that the majority of organizations trying to address child sexual abuse are for the most part doing band-aid work. It seems to me that it is like picking dandelions. If you are picking dandelions without pulling the root, what is going to happen? The dandelion is going to grow back time and time again. I say we have to get to the root in order to eradicate the problem. I have asked the questions before and would like to know the answers but as of this writing I have not had any responses.

The questions are:

What are the success rates of the organizations that address child sexual abuse?
What are the procedures of those successful organizations that are different to those less successful?
What were the statistics in your community when your organization started and what are they now?
What are your goals in your organization? What goals have you reached? What goals do you need assistance with? Would more networking with other like minded organizations help you achieve your goals and would that in turn help other organizations reach their goals?
If statistics show that there is success in your community, does it mean the cases of child sexual abuse are going down or do you think it is a possibility that the pedophiles are just getting more clever in their hiding?
Does anyone know at this writing an estimated number of active pedophiles in the United States and what would happen if every one of them were sent to jail?
Does each organization working to end child sexual abuse have experts working in their organization or experts they frequently consult with?
What percentage of experts addressing child sexual abuse are themselves survivors of child sexual abuse?
From the first time there was realization that there was a problem with some adults acting sexually towards children to the present time, what were the statistics then and what are they now?
Does anyone else think that this is like a run away freight train that can not be stopped and does anyone else think that we need to reevaluate the direction we are going in to try to stop child sexual abuse?

Does anyone have the time to network and present a few answers to the questions I have asked?

I intend to copy this post and send it off to as many organizations I can find on the Internet including a few organizations from my home town. I would encourage everyone to copy this posting and send this off to organizations you may know of in order get a few more answers.

I truly believe we need to step back and really work to pull the roots. YES there are a great many (mostly men) who need to be sent to prison for life in order to stop them. There are a great many others who do not need that radical step. Peace to you and as always I do appreciate you for all that you do to help ADDRESS CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE.

No comments: