Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A Craigslist Posting for Social Gatherings, Support and Brainstorming


Hello, I am a survivor of incest and child sexual abuse. I am looking to connect with others who are survivors. I would like to form a safe supportive group that would involve survivors, family and friends of survivors, professional therapists and possibly lawyers. 

I would like to have regular social gatherings as well as people who would brainstorm about proceeders used now to address the issues of child sexual abuse. I also want lawyers to be involved to help look at laws present on the books now and see what changes need to happen to actually bring about more change to those laws to balance the "playing field" and bring more power to survivors. 

I am not a professional in dealing with child sexual abuse but I did 15 years of public speaking about social justice issues and more safety for children regarding child sexual abuse. I also have been writing a blog for the last 4 years. The blog has had some success. I usually have at least 150 hits a month. Total "hits" for my blog are over 8,000. 

I will be posting this in my blog and Facebook page as well. If you see this and believe it would benefit a person you know please forward this to that person or organization. 

The purpose for this is for healing. I have seen survivors groups around the twin cities but most are women only. I was involved in one small group that was through the organization NIP out of South Minneapolis but that was short lived and not very in depth. I believe many fall through the cracks and many like myself are abandoned by their families. This is my first attempt for a gathering of this kind. 




No comments: