Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Regaining Your Humanity/ Not Unlike Escape from The Borg

I have always enjoyed Star Trek Voyager.  I have recently been watching many of the reruns.   The most recent episode I watched was about the Borg children who join the Voyager cast.  They begin to regain their humanity.   I felt a very real connection to them.  From what I have read there is a high percentage of people who begin to remember their molestations in their early to mid twenties.  That is not always the case but that is what happened with me.  I believe that when I first began remembering all the molestation, that was the beginning of this long hard journey back to my own humanity.  With anyone in this sic-fi series when you leave the collective of the Borg there are some metal implants in the body you cannot extract.  Much in the same way that there are always going to be verbal implants in your head, there will be the emotional, spiritual and sometimes physical scars that you must address on a daily basis.

There is  shock at the beginning.  Hopefully if you have experienced this that you had some support.
I personally have received support from less than one percent of my family.  Oh well.  Move on.
I have had support from friends.  As you move forward  you must reintegrate yourself into society and begin to build bonds and friendships.  You must find the keys that work for you to regain yourself and your spirituality.

Search what works for you.  There may be many steps but pick and choose the best route that works for you.



No comments: