Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Reading Spiritual Books

I rotate my reading materials.  Art books, biographies and spiritual books are some of the rotation.

For spiritual books I have turned to Sylvia Browne.  I joined her church many years ago and have found much comfort in her words.  As Gnostics we believe we have chosen what experiences we 
have to test our own spirituality.   I actually remember conversations with my spirit guide while choosing all that I was going to experience.    I also remember conversations with a few other people before I incarnated into this life.   Knowing this is nice but the bumps in the road are still difficult to endure.  

Recently I came upon another author who is a psychic medium as well by the name of Rosemary Altea.
I am reading her book Proud Spirit.  "Take what you want and leave the rest" is what is always said in the church I belong to.  I have found many of the same teachings in this Rosemary Altea book and look forward to reading more.  I also checked out her website which I found to be very interesting.  

One part of her website at the top (just right of center) is a title.   "Own Your Power"   I am going to investigate Rosemary's Lessons to "Own My Own Power".   



One part of her book caught me off guard a little.  Rosemary Altea has the ability to channel spirits who have crossed over.  She was channeling an old woman known to be "The little old lady with no teeth".

In a trance session for a spiritual class, the little old lady asked if she could give them anything for Christmas what would they like?  

Someone asked for peace in the world.  Peace and harmony in the family.  Healing and the healing light spread throughout the world.  All wars to end.  Food for the starving.  All selfless all giving and all loving ideas for Christmas Presents.  

The teacher in trance, the little old lady with no teeth listened without interruption until they had finished.  Then, and with a gentle smile she replied:

"Because I am love and come from love, and because I am your teacher, I must tell you....if I could give you a gift for Christmas, I would give you the gift of pain...I would give you the gift of heartache...and I would give you the gift of tears...for it is only through these that you will learn, that you will grow, and that you will come to understand the nature of  your soul, and of your strength."


Sylvia Browne has said pretty much the same thing.  Sylvia always asks, "What have you learned during the good times?"  The really tough times in your life are what you really learn from.  


I actually met Sylvia Browne many years ago long before she has become as known as she is today. 
My parents rented a cabin by a lake and Sylvia and her family were at one of the nearby cabins.  
She gave me a mini reading and told me with wide eyes, "You chose a lot!"  I replied, "It didn't feel like I chose a lot."  She did not elaborate, but now I know.  

I encourage everyone to search out spiritual books.  I will recommend the books I read but certainly want you to go to where your heart tells you to go as far as spiritual growth.  I always believe that while religion can be a wonderful thing, Spirituality is where it's at.  Religion is a man made thing.  Spirituality goes directly to God.  


Since the "Other Side" has no negativity, I believe we understand the lessons much more clearly once we cross over.  I believe there will be a great amount of study that I look forward to.  Often times there are a great many things that happen on this earth that I just can't "wrap my mind around" and I look forward to knowing what those events were all about which will bring me to a greater spirituality.









No comments: