Monday, January 23, 2012

I Just Finished Reading In My Fathers Arms/ I Think I Was Disabled

"In My Fathers Arms, A true story of incest" is a very interesting well written story of survival. It was written by Walter A. Milly lll. I found it interesting that when he described many layers of emotional reactions and disorders I could really relate. Of course all of my personal experiences were all in different order and timelines. I was kind of reliving all of what I had experienced. I also just read "How to cook your daughter" which was written by Jessica Hendra, daughter of Tony Hendra a well known writer for National Lampoon. I have always enjoyed reading biographies and autobiographies. I find other peoples stories very interesting. With reading as many biographies about survivors of child sexual abuse I find it interesting and a little disappointing that I am not finding these people extending some kind of discussion on really looking at how to end the epidemic of child sexual abuse. I have written some of my story and have hopes of someday having a book released. In my book I would certainly have this blog as part of it and "The works in progress" on how I would address child sexual abuse.

On a side note: I recently did my taxes. I could not help stop and really give it some thought when I read the question,"Are you permanently disabled?" Sometimes I believe that I am disabled. I am certainly a much different person for having survived incest.
I think I was disabled. I am a highly productive person. I have many hopes and dreams. I try to stay optimistic. Pretty normal.
I Think I Was Disabled.

No comments: