Sunday, April 7, 2013

Pedophiles Are Serial Killers of Childhoods

I recently watched a documentary about Carl Panzram.   "Carl Panzram: The Spirit of Hatred and Vengeance.  It was a very interesting and chilling story.                                                                     








Carl Panzram (June 28, 1891 – September 5, 1930) was an American serial killerrapistarsonist and burglar. He is known for his confession to his only friend, prison guard Henry Lesser. In graphic detail, Panzram confessed to 22 murders, and to having sodomized over 1,000 males. He used aliases such as "Carl Baldwin", "Jack Allen" and "Jefferson Baldwin" in Oregon; "Jeff Davis" in Idaho and Montana; "Jefferson Davis" in California and Montana; "Jeff Rhodes" in Montana; "John King"; and "John O'Leary" in New York.

Carl Panzram Quote:  "I am sorry for only two things.  These two things are, I am sorry that I have mistreated a few animals in my lifetime and I am sorry that I am unable to murder the whole damned human race."

Carl Panzram had a very rough life and he turned that anger into a major crime spree.  A guard at one of the last prisons he was in gave him paper and pencil to write his story.  It is a chilling account of a disturbing upbringing and many abuses he endured.  The last words of his autobiography were quite insightful and That is what I wanted to share. 

                                                            A View of the Crime Problem

                                                     (Where it begins and how to prevent it)

"Every child has some criminal tendencies.  It is your place to correct those traits and teach them the right way to live while they are young and their minds are forming.  Then, when they reach the age of reason and action it will be quite natural for them to live clean upright honorable lives.  In that way you will stop crime at its source  before it begins.  The main causes of why we are and what we are is because of our improper teaching, lack of knowledge and our environments.  

Teach them the meanings of such things as Truth, Lie, Honor, Hate, Love.  For each lesson, just take One Word.  For instance take the word TRUTH.  Teach them by example, word and deed until they thoroughly
know that word TRUTH.  

If you are really sincere in wanting to teach those boys to grow up into young men, then you will have to go about it far differently than the way I was taught."


Carl Panzram



From the blogger:

The ripples of survival of child sexual abuse go on for a long time.  It is a life sentence.  

I really believe that Pedophiles Are Serial Killers of Childhoods.

2 comments:

David Pittman said...

I find it interesting that even though we didn't know each other, we came to the same conclusion. I think that speaks to the level of pain survivors of CSA endure. In the article I wrote, https://togetherweheal.wordpress.com/2012/10/01/pedophiles-are-like-serial-killers-my-story-by-david-pittman/ I tell my story based on being the victim and ultimately survivor of a pedophile who killed the innocence of my childhood, thus the title. Sadly, some of our fellow survivors are not so "lucky". Many have fallen into addiction and remain, some are incarcerated and too many have taken their own lives due to the pain. That's why I fight every day to raise awareness and help educate the public on how to better protect children from these predators. I'm thankful you are doing the same. Peace be with you.

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way. As a result of being molested I had no childhood whatsoever. The whole town even knew of what was occurring but they all looked the other way. My mother gave me to her father whom had raped and molested her also. But to this day she denys this. Even though she told me herself that he did. When I finally told my family what was occurring and got out of my grandfathers home;I still remember my mother looking at me and saying I don't see what the big deal is he raped me so what get over it. My grandfather was known as the town weirdo my family also knew that I was being molested by him. but unfortunately no one cared enough to do anything about it. They were forced to when I finally told them. And it does it takes away your childhood so they are serial killers and the sad thing about it is most child molesters get under 2 years incarcerated so 2 years for killing a child maybe not literally but emotionally their scarred for life.